310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 865 2352511, +7 865 2353229.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
In in vitro experiments, the effect of interleukin-2 (IL-2) on leukocyte production of defensin-α1 was studied. Blood was obtained in patients with peritonitis (8 people) and meningitis (7 patients), as well as in 10 healthy donors. Blood was centrifuged with the release of two portions of leukocytes. The first portion was the control. The second was incubated at 37 ºC in a medium with IL-2. A supernatant was obtained in which the content of defensin-α1 was determined by HPLC. It was established that in healthy donors the level of defensin-α1 in the first portion of leukocytes was lower than in patients. Under the influence of IL-2 on the leukocytes of the second portion in patients with peritonitis and meningitis, there was a pronounced increase in the content of defensin-α1 in the supernatant. When exposed to leukocytes from healthy donors, IL-2 did not cause a significant increase in the level of defensin-α1 in the supernatant.
1. Chatham W. W. Biological Modifiers of Inflammatory Diseases. In: Clinical Immunology: Principles and Practice (Fifth еd.). Elsevier, 2019:1197-1210. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-7020-6896-6.00089-2
2. Yuzhalin A. E., Kutikhin A. G. Interleukin-2 Superfamily and Cancer. In Interleukins in Cancer Biology. 2015;63-89. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-801121-8.00003-8
3. Koshel V. I., Fajans A. A., Ivolga T. I., Gurov A. Ju. Jekstrakorporal’naja immunofarmakoterapija citokinami (Interlejkin-2) polipozno-gnojnyh rinosinusitov. International Journal on Immunoreabilitation. 2002;4(2):259-260. (In Russ.).
4. Aleshina G. M., Kokrjakov V. N., Shamova O. V., Orlov D. S. Modem concept of antimicrobial peptides as molecular factors of the immunity. Medicinskii akademicheskij zhurnal. – Medical academic journal. 2010;(4):149-160. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.17816/MAJ104149-160
5. Baturin V. A., Selimov M. A., Bolatchiev A. D., Sadovoy V. V., Budkevich R. O., Baturina M. V. The prognosis and investigation of α-defensins-1 (HNP-1) influence on morphological changes of Staphylococcus aureus cells by the atomic-force microscopy data. Medical news of North Caucasus. 2017;12(3):290-294. https://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2017.12086
6. Bolatchiev A., Baturin V., Bazikov I., Maltsev A., Kunitsina E. Effect of antimicrobial peptides HNP-1 and HBD-1 on Staphylococcus aureus strains in vitro and in vivo. Fundamental and Clinical Pharmacology. 2020;34(1):102-108. https://doi.org/10.1111/fcp.12499
7. Grishin D. V., Sokolov N. N. Defenziny – estestvennye peptidnye antibiotiki vysshih jeukariot. Biomedicinskaja himija. – Biomedical chemistry. 2014;60(4):438-447. (In Russ.).
8. Bolatchiev A. D., Baturin V. A. Defensins. The role in human pathology and application prospects. Vestnik molodogo uchenogo. – Bulletin of the young scientist. 2016;(4):17-22. (In Russ.).
Keywords: defensin-α, peritonitis, meningitis, recombinant interleukin-2