310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The indices of endothelial dysfunction in patients on hemodialysis with arteriovenous fistula were evaluated. The study included 120 patients with end-stage chronic kidney disease who underwent an arteriovenous fistula placement, the control group consisted of 40 healthy volunteers. The levels of copper zinc superoxide dismutase Cu/Zn-SOD, advanced oxidation protein products AOPP, peroxides (OxyStat), C-reactive protein CRP vascular cell adhesion molecules VCAM, endothelin-1, selectin sL, angiotensin-2 dimetilargenina, endothelin synthase, intercellular adhesion molecules ICAM were assessed. Patients with end-stage chronic kidney disease, receiving treatment with programmed hemodialysis compared to a group of healthy volunteers have significantly increased all studied markers, which indicates the presence of endothelial dysfunction and systemic inflammation. The studied parameters were lower in patients with stable permanent vascular access than in those with synthetic prostheses and unstable arteriovenous fistulas.
1. Oleśkowska-Florek W., Połubinska A., Baum E. [et al.]. Hemodialysis-induced changes in the blood composition affect function of the endothelium. Hemodial. Int. 2014;18(3):650-656. https://doi.org/10.1111/hdi.12148
2. Kalinin R. E., Egorov A. A., Suchkov I. A., Mzhavanadze N. D. Vlijanie geneticheskih polimorfizmov na funkcionirovanie postojannogo sosudistogo dostupa u pacientov na dialize. Angiologija i sosudistaja hirurgija. 2019;25(1):40-44. (In Russ.).
3. Leivaditis K., Panagoutsos S., Roumeliotis A. [et al.]. Vascular access for hemodialysis: postoperative evaluation and function monitoring. Int. Urol. Nephrol. 2014;46(2):403- 409. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11255-013-0564-2
4. Cao W., Hou F. F., Nie J. AOPPs and the progression of kidney disease. Kidney Internat. Suppl. 2014;4:102-106. https://doi.org/10.1038/kisup.2014.19
5. Gonzalez E., Bajo M. A., Carrero J. J. [et al.]. An Increase of Plasma Advanced Oxidation Protein Products Levels Is Associated with Cardiovascular Risk in Incident Peritoneal Dialysis Patients: A Pilot Study. Oxidat. Med. Cell. Long. 2015;219569:
6. https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/219569 6. Lutz J., Menke J., Sollinger D. et al. Haemostasis in chronic kidney disease. Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. 2014;29:29-40. https://doi.org/10.1093/ndt/gft209
Keywords: endothelial dysfunction, hemodialysis, arteriovenous fistula, oxidative stress