310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The experiment studied the effectiveness of complex phytoadaptogens in the treatment of acute inflammation in periodontal tissues in rats. Various phytoadaptogen administration regimens were investigated: therapeutic, therapeutic and prophylactic, prophylactic, and a comparative analysis was performed with the standard treatment of inflammatory diseases by antibacterial drugs. The dynamics of microcirculatory parameters was assessed by Doppler ultrasound. It has been established that the inclusion of complex phytoadaptogens into the complex therapy suppresses the inflammatory process in the periodontium faster and more effectively due to the anti-inflammatory, immunomodulating, stress-limiting effects, accelerates the process of regeneration of periodontal tissues. The best results were achieved with the therapeutic and prophylactic use of complex phytoadaptogens for 14 days: the microcirculation indicators returned to the normal values. This is due to the formation in animals of a «state of nonspecific increased resistance» to the effects of damaging factors. In all groups taking phytococktail (excluding group where Metronidazole was used as a treatment), was no candidiasis of oral cavity. Thus, phytococktail based on complex phytoadaptogens can become a promising drug for the treatment and prevention of inflammatory periodontal diseases.
1. Rajendran M., Looney S., Singh N., Elashiry M., Meghil M. M. [et al.]. Systemic antibiotic therapy reduces circulating inflammatory dendritic cells and Treg-Th17 plasticity in periodontitis. J. Immunol. 2019;202(9):2690- 2699. https://doi.org/10.4049/jimmunol.1900046
2. Moro M. G., Silveira Souto M. L., Franco G. C. N., Holzhausen M., Pannuti C. M. Efficacy of local phytotherapy in the nonsurgical treatment of periodontal disease: A systematic review. J. Periodontal Res. 2018;53(3):288-297. https://doi.org/10.1111/jre.12525
3. Arushanyan E. B., Bejer E. V. Rastitel’nye adaptogeny. Stavropol, 2009. (In Russ.).
4. Zhang Y., Zhang X., Yue Q., Wen Z., Zhang M. Ethanol extract of Rhodiola rosea L. regulates the number of tumor infiltrating T cells to enhance antitumor effect in Lewis lung cancer-bearing mice. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2019;35(2):103-108.
5. Jówko E., Sadowski J., Długołęcka B., Gierczuk D., Opaszowski B., Cieśliński I. Effects of Rhodiola rosea supplementation on menta lperformance, physical capacity, and oxidative stress biomarkers in healthy men. J. Sport. Health Sci. 2018;7(4):473-480. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jshs.2016.05.005
6. Panossian A., Seo E. J., Efferth T. Effects of antiinflammatory and adaptogenic herbal extracts on gene expression of eicosanoids signaling pathways in isolated brain cells. Phytomedicine. 2019:152881. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2019.152881
7. Panossian A., Seo E. J., Efferth T. Novel molecular mechanisms for the adaptogenic effects of herbal extracts on isolated brain cells using systems biology. Phytomedicine. 2018;50:257-284. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2018.09.204
8. Zhou J. X., Braun M. S., Wetterauer P., Wetterauer B., Wink M. Antioxidant, Cytotoxic, and Antimicrobial Activities of Glycyrrhiza glabra L., Paeonia lactiflora Pall., and Eriobotrya japonica (Thunb.) Lindl. Extracts. Medicines. 2019;6(2):43. https://doi.org/10.3390/medicines6020043
9. Dzampaeva Z. V., Datieva F. S., Ephiev A. A., Dzaraeva L. B. Sposob modelirovaniya parodontita v eksperimente. Patent RF № 2699497 G09B 23/28 Byul., 2019;25. (In Russ.). https://moypatent.ru/patent/269/2699497.html
10. Zjul’kina L. A., Sabaeva M. N., Ivanov P. V., Shastin E. N. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovanija. – Modern problems of science and education. 2017;2. Available at: www.scienceeducation.ru/12319482. Accessed March 28, 2019. (In Russ.).
11. Krechina E. K., Smirnova T. N. Modern approaches to periodontal microcirculatory parameters assessment. Stomatologiia. – Dentistry. 2017;96(1):28-32. https://doi.org/10.17116/stomat201796128-32
12. Kordiyak O. J., Masna Z. Z. Analysis of gingival microvessels ultrastructure in the animal model study. Roman J. Morphol. Embryol. 2014;55(1):129-133.
Keywords: experimental periodontitis, Doppler ultrasound, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Rhodiola rosea, Acanthopanax senticosus