310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The article deals with immunohistochemical features of the structure of the shell of a paradental cyst in difficult eruption of the lower third molars. Out of 40 patients 3 groups were formed with paradental, radicular and follicular forms of cysts. Immunohistochemical study of cysts shells using markers Ki67, P53, LCA and VEGF, revealed absence of signs of tumor transformation, as well as the inflammatory nature of radicular and paradental cysts with enhanced angiogenesis, maturation and proliferation of granulation tissue.
1. Saincher R. R., Acharya S., Gadicherla S., Carnelio S. Dens Invaginatus in a mandible third molar with paradental cyst – A case report and literature review. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Medicine, and Pathology. 2019;30(6):576-579. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajoms.2018.07.006
2. Colgan C. M., Henry J., Napier S. S., Cowan C. G. Paradental cysts: a role for food impaction in the pathogenesis? A review of cases from Northern Ireland. British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2002;40(2):163-168. https://doi.org/10.1054/bjom.2001.0750
3. Menditti D., Laino L., Di Domenico M., Mezzogiorno A., Baldi A. Cysts and pseudocysts of the oral cavity: Revision of the literature and a new proposed classification. In Vivo. 2018;32(5):999-1007. https://doi.org/10.21873/invivo.11340
4. Li J., Li Y., Xie J., Wang N., Zhang Y. Bilateral mandibular second molar impaction with paradental cyst: A case report and literature review. Journal of Jilin University Medicine Edition. 2017;43(2):422-424. https://doi.org/10.13481/j.1671-587x.20170241
5. Miyamoto Y., Kanzaki H., Amemiya T., Hamada Y., Nakamura Y. An Angle Class I malocclusion with a paradental cyst. Australasian Orthodontic Journal. 2019;35(1):85-93.
6. Rioux-Forker D., Deziel A. C., Williams L. S., Muzaffar A. R. Odontogenic Cysts and Tumors. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2019;82(4):469-477. https://doi.org/10.1097/SAP.0000000000001738
7. Haidry N., Singh M., Mamatha N. S., Shivhare P., Girish H. C., Ranganatha N., Kashyap S. Histopathological evaluation of dental follicle associated with radiographically normal impacted mandibular third molars. Annals Maxillofacial Surgery. 2018;8:259-264. https://doi.org/10.4103/ams.ams_215_18
8. Knight E. T., Seymour G. J., Cullinan M. P., Faggion C. M., Liu J. Risk factors that may modify the innate and adaptive immune responses in periodontal diseases. Periodontology 2000. 2016;1(71):22-51.
9. Saravana G. H. L., Subhashraj K. Cystic changes in dental follicle associated with radiographically normal impacted mandibular third molar. British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2018;46(7):552-553. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bjoms.2008.02.008
Keywords: paradental cyst, radicular cyst, follicular cyst, immunohistochemical studу